|PRODUCT QUICK SEARCH
*We have a PDF file under “Marketing”: "Why choose Shade Depot Corp.” and in other files for you to review. It provides additional information.
To view the PDF files, you must have the Adobe® Reader® software installed on your computer. To get a free version of this software from Adobe,
click here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
- What is a Side Post (Offset) umbrella? (Difference between Market & Side Post umbrellas)
- Why are Side Post umbrellas becoming more and more popular these days?
- Why should I buy a Side Post umbrella?
- Why is Shade Depot Corp. considered the leader in the side post umbrella industry?
- Why should I purchase an umbrella with lights?
- How many sizes of umbrella Shade Depot Corp. has? How many of them feature a lighting system?
- Where to buy?
- What is Powder Coating?
- What is PU (Polyurethane) coating on umbrella frame?
- What is “EZ tilt” trigger control?
- What is “Pistol Grip Tilt mechanism”?
- What is a double deck vent top?
- What is ‘ribbed’ construction? Why is it better?
- What is “built into” ribs?
- What is the Foot Pedal Rotating base?
- What’s the difference between the fabrics?
- What is the PU coating on fabric?
- What is “In stock fabric color”?
Electrical, Lights & Stereo
- What is the “Moon light” feature?
- What is the “Star-Lights” feature?
- What is LED? What is its advantage?
- What is UL/CE approved and why it is so important?
- Why is Low voltage better than high voltage on umbrellas?
- What is the Shade Depot Corp. “Sing 2U” umbrella?
- Is the system weather proved?
- Why is Wandatech’s Sing 2U umbrella labeled “the best in the industry”?
- How large an area will the speakers cover?
- If I have any problem with this stereo system, what do I do?
- What about the “Removable Battery”?
- Why should I own an umbrella with a built-in Stereo?
Policies & others:
- What is Shade Depot Corp.’s warranty policy?
- What is Shade Depot Corp.’s return policy?
- How to buy parts?
- Brochure & marketing material inquiry?
- Installation & Trouble shooting?
- If I am a consumer and I don’t remember where I bought, how do I purchase parts or file a warranty claim? Can I buy from Wandatech?
- Q: What is a Side Post (Offset) umbrella? (Difference between Market & Side Post umbrellas)
A: An Offset umbrella supports its’ canopy from a position to one side unlike the ‘center pole’ used in Market umbrellas. This then allows for an unobstructed covered area.
- Q: Wyeshy are Side Post umbrellas becoming more and more popular these days?
A: They are very simple to operate and cover more area with less interference than the standard center pole umbrellas.
- Q: Why should I buy a Side Post umbrella?
A: Convenience, comfort and style. Perfect for anyone who wants to cover patio furniture, a hot tub (Spa) or for those who want to have shade wherever they need it. Easy to install or take down for storage.
- Q: Why is Shade Depot Corp.considered the leader in the side post umbrella industry?
A: Our patented innovative designs, ease of function and proven customer satisfaction over the years has kept us at the forefront. Our products have unique features and a very reasonable price. Wandatech has been a pioneer in side post umbrellas and lighted umbrellas for over 10 years and we will continue our leadership roll in the outdoor category technologies.
- Q: Why should I purchase an umbrella with lights?
A: It will illuminate and add ambiance to areas ordinarily dark and unused. The convenience of having lights built into your umbrella will save you time and money. It operates on 12Volts, so it can save money on your electric bill.
Wandatech lighted umbrellas features center and built-into rib lights.
- Q: How many sizes of umbrella Wandatech has? How many of them feature a lighting system?
A: Shade Depot Corp. umbrellas are available in 9’ & 11’ market style umbrellas (with or without lights). The side post style umbrellas are available in the 8’ & 10’ square shaped (with or without lights). Also the 10’ octagon shaped (with no lights) and the 11.5’ octagon shaped (with or without lights). Our Design Excellence Awarded Sing 2U umbrellas also feature with Lights and Stereo system.
- Q: Where to buy?
A: You can find our products in your local Patio shops or online under Patio Umbrellas, Side Post Umbrellas, Offset Umbrellas or Cantilever Umbrellas categories. We are going to activate our “Dealer Locator” very soon to assist in locating a dealer nearest you.
- Q: What is Powder Coating?
A: A sealing treatment to the aluminum frame to protect it against corrosion. Shade Depot Corp. uses only the best powder coating for outdoor purposes, unlike others who use indoor only powder coating that may exhibit fading in a short period of time.
- Q: What is PU (Polyurethane) coating on umbrella frame?
A: It adds both durability as well as an attractive finish to the surface. The coating makes our umbrella a nearly maintenance-free product.
- Q: What is “EZ tilt” trigger control?
A: A fingertip control mechanism which allows for remarkably simple raising and lowering of the umbrella. This is one of the best designs on the market and allows the consumer to tilt to multiple angles with one hand in only a few seconds. Consumers may use the tilt to block the sun, reduce noise or for peaceful privacy.
- Q: What is “Pistol Grip Tilt mechanism”?
A: This is the most advance design currently on the market. On our newest model, the Milano, we relocated the tilt handle to the back side of the main post allowing for easier access and a smoother operation. See specs. for details.
- Q: What is a double deck vent top?
A: A second canopy above the main canopy to allow better air circulation. This helps not only in ventilating air and heat trapped below, but also, stabilizes the umbrella in case of wind gusts.
- Q: What is ‘ribbed’ construction? Why is it better?
A: The ribbed constructed design used in the tubing of greatly increases their ability to support weight and stand up to harsh weather conditions.
- Q: What is “built into” ribs?
A: Each rib is designed to cradle the LED lights, while still making any replacement simple and easy. All our lights are protected from most adverse weather conditions, and also have a very clean, stylish look.
- Q: What is the Foot Pedal Rotating base?
A: Shade Depot Corp.’s patented rotating base, allows the umbrella to be rotated 360 degrees, simply by stepping on the foot pedal and turning the umbrella. Release the foot pedal and the umbrella will automatically lock into position. It is simple and easy to use.
- Q: What’s the difference between the fabrics?
A: Sundura (1yr warranty) is a 100% solution yarn dyed Polyester fabric. Sunprove (1yr warranty) is 100 % solution dyed Polypropylene fabric. Sunbrella (3yr warranty) is a USA made 100% solution dyed Acrylic fabric. Please see “Marketing/Fabrics Color” for detail description & color choices.
- Q: What is the PU coating on fabric?
A: Polyurethane blend applied to Sundura and Sunprove fabrics. It makes the canopy impervious to outside weather conditions. It also provides a water repellent feature that blocks the rain or snow, and makes cleaning easy. For maintenance, please check “Marketing/Fabrics Color”.
- Q: What is “In stock fabric color”?
A: Colors available immediately from our warehouse in southern Calif. with no delay. We have over a dozen colors available in Sundura (Fabric A), 40 colors in Sunbrella solid (Fabric C) and Sunbrella Linen (Fabric D). See “Marketing/Fabrics Color” for color choices.
Electrical, Lights & Stereo
- Q: What is the “Moon light” feature?
A: A centrally located globe containing a 2 way (high-low) light for bright illumination or soft glow.
- Q: What is the “Star-Lights” feature?
A: Another of Shade Depot Corp.’s patented designs. Our Rope-lights are encased within the ribs of the umbrella providing a delightfully warm, ambient glow.
- Q: What is LED? What is its advantage?
A: Light Emitting Diodes, using quartz technology, to ensure thousands of hours of light. Much longer lifespan than standard filament bulbs.
- Q: What is UL/CE approved and why it is so important?
A: These Laboratories certify that the electrical equipment used in our umbrellas match or exceed the U.S., Canadian and European Governments standards for safety and performance. We may be, currently, the only one in our industry featuring a UL/CE approved Indoor/Outdoor transformer and water resistant outdoor cable. This is very important due to the environment that the umbrella is being used, such as around pools and spas as well as during rainy conditions.
- Q: Why is Low voltage better than high voltage on umbrellas?
A: Low voltage umbrellas provide safety near any pools and spas, dramatically reducing the risk of shock. Shade Depot Corp. places consumer safety as the number one priority when designing umbrellas. We use only low voltage for all our outdoor products.
- Q: What is the Shade Depot Corp. “Sing 2U” umbrella?
A. Wandatech’s 2008 “Sing 2U” model features a built-in dual band AM/FM stereo. This outdoor entertainment system is iPod/MP3/MP4/Walkman/Cell Phone compatible and has a bright display panel that indicates the Time, Temperature and Radio Stations.
- Q: Is the system weather proved?
A: Yes, the stereo unit and speaker system are weather proof. There are no external wires or parts exposed to the elements.
- Q: Why is Shade Depot Corp.’s Sing 2U umbrella labeled “the best in the industry”?
A. Casual Living magazine has named our Sing 2U umbrella the “iPod umbrella”. We have designed the only umbrella that features a built-in iPod/MP3/MP4/Walkman compatible stereo system. It is the first of its kind in the industry and is the new milestone in outdoor products.
- Q: How large an area will the speakers cover?
A. Our powerful speakers are located in the center of the umbrella. This will spread the music evenly. Not only under the umbrella but also the surrounding area. They can be heard for a thousand square feet by tilting our umbrella in the proper direction.
- Q: If I have any problem with this stereo system, what do I do?
A. First, contact your dealer/representative for assistance. They should be able to help you. As a last resort, it is very easy to remove & replace the stereo unit, it takes only seconds. Shade Depot Corp. has designed a very “consumer friendly” umbrella.
- Q: What about the “Removable Battery”?
A. Our Primo Sing 2U series features a removable battery designed for easy replacement or for charging. Please see “products” for more detail.
- Q: Why should I own an umbrella with a built-in Stereo?
A. Our Sing 2U umbrella will provide you with your favorite music or news while you and your family or friends relax in the shade. No need to carry a heavy and cumbersome radio each time you want to enjoy some music and no need to run inside to change the station. In fact, you do not even have to get out of your seat. This umbrella comes with a remote control.
Policies & others:
- Q: What is Shade Depot Corp.’s warranty policy?
A: One Year Corrosion Warranty on the frame and the previously mentioned 1-3 Year Canopy Warranties. Please see “Fabrics”, “Frame”, “Maintenance” or our “Policies” under "Marketing" for detail. Wandatech warrants products through dealers only. Our website's Warranty Claim Form is to assit our dealers to help its customers in a better and efficient way.
- Q: What is Shade Depot Corp.’s return policy?
A: Our return policy is seven-days from date of delivery of the merchandise . Please see our “Policies” under "Marketing" for detail.
- Q: How to buy parts?
A: You may order from the dealer where you bought your umbrella which we strongly recommend, or you may order online. Please see forms and prices at “Marketing”. (Some price lists for parts may be found under its product/service.) For dealers, please order from the "Dealer Order Form" which will be linked directly to DParts@wandatech.com
- Q: Brochure & marketing material inquiry?
A: You could download our brochure on our website under each product model. If you are a retailer (dealer) you could just drop us a request for 1 or as many as you need. If you have any question, please contact us at Dealers@WandaTech.com
- Q: Installation & Trouble shooting?
A: For questions pertaining to set-up instructions or troubleshooting guides you may refer to our Website “Service” or “Technical”. We have video available for some models.
- Q: If I am a consumer and I don’t remember where I bought, how do I purchase parts or file a warranty claim? Can I buy from Wandatech?
A: Please check our “Service” for more detail information. You might also need to fill out forms at “Marketing”. If you have any other questions, you may contact us at CParts@WandaTech.com and we’ll do our best to help you.